The festivals season come with lot of buzzing social affairs, but each one of us have our own way to celebrate the happiness, for some it begins with cleaning their houses, offices; changing upholstery or decor of the room, for others purchasing new clothes or jewellery, and of course how can we miss, some enjoy cooking good and lots of food for our loved ones.
Clothes play an important part in our life, they define our choices, personalities, culture and gives us a sense of purpose to drive the day.
It’s well said “Dress for the occasion” and you can connect with the vibes of the atmosphere.
So this festive season I’m going to share 2 quick ethnic looks from my wardrobe, which are simple but yet stylish to carry.
The first look is the Party Look – Floor length Anarkali Suit
You can carry this look both in the day and for the night festive outings.
How to create this look:
- Make Up – Here I’m wearing this dress in the day hence kept my make up a bit subtle and soft, the same can be changed to bold, and shimmery for the night Diwali party.
9 make up products to create the festive look – What I used
- Primer – MAC Prep + Prime
- Foundation – MAC STUDIO MIX POWDER PLUS FOUNDATION (for combination/oily skin)
- Mascara – Revlon, Water tight mascara
- Eye shadow – NYX
- Eye pencil – Lakme
- Kohl – Lakme
- Eyeliner – Lakme
- Blusher – MAC sheer tone blush
- Lipstick – L’Oréal, shade 201 – blushing bouquet
- Jewellery – Jewellery gives me the feeling of celebration. As I believe in less is more, so have coupled this outfit with these beautiful chandbalis and a heavy mirrored work ring.
- Bag– Though I’m not carrying a bag here but you can always club it with a potli bag or a small clutch.
- Shoes – Here I’m wearing the muted gold stilettos which gives me a few inches and adds to my look and confidence. But those who do not feel comfortable with high heels can also wear a flat jutti in muted gold or peachy pink.
The second look is an Indo western – Kurta + Palazzo
If you want to feel relaxed and comfortable throughout the day then go for this look.
It’s easy to carry and extremely comfortable to wear
As you can see in the image below my dress is pretty simple but with a touch of festive color.
Hence to enhance my look I picked up a bolder shade for my lips and styled a different hair do.
Jewelley – Shreetheindianavatar
Bag – Luluandsky
So girls, don’t let the shine go down let your looks sparkle this Diwali and spread happiness around.
Wish you all a very happy and prosperous festive season ahead!!