As a little girl I always use to sneak for an opportunity to wear my mom’s stilettos the moment she steps out from her dressing. I can’t even express in words the delight I use to get by looking at myself (from all angles) in the mirror with those elevated extra inches below my foot.
The feeling was nothing less than being “Miss World”… haa… haa
Today as a working professional I prefer to wear a mix of flats or kitten heels during my (long) weekdays at work.
But I must confess that – I’m still enchanted from those “extra inches below my foot”. So I thought to pen down a few good reasons, as why a girl should wear high heels?
Top 5 visual illusions, which heels create on their wearer:
- Heels make you look THIN: Heels make a person appear slender, and this holds true with any outfit you wear, like skinny jeans or a maxi gown. High heels make one look thinner is part because it compels you to stand taller.
- Heels make you walk more attractive: When you wear heels, people will first notice “the way you walk” and later they’ll notice your face, age, and weight. Men love women in heels, and a great pair of heels can also draw compliments from other women. So when you wear heels you’ll definitely draw attention.
- Heels accentuate legs and ADD HEIGHT: Wearing heels add height to the wearer, and that’s the number 1 motivation why women around the world wear high heels. But one of the other benefits is they can make your legs look amazing. Wearing heels changes your body posture and can make your legs look longer and leaner.
Additionally heels give the look of long and sexy legs.
- Heels enhance confidence and symbolize power: Wearing high heels can make you feel more confident and with confidence comes the power. Additionally, high heels can make you look more assertive which can make you feel more confident.
- Heels add elegance and make you appear more feminine: One of the best reasons to wear high heels is, they add a touch of elegance/class to what you’re wearing. They make you look and feel girly, ladylike and feminine.
No matter what type of heel is your personal pick, but it should bring style, confidence, elegance and comfort to your personality.
As quoted by Christian Louboutin “Shoes transform your body language and attitude. They lift you physically and emotionally”
This article is not the end of my discussion on heels, it’s a beginning.
In the following articles I’ll share some tips and tricks to pick the right heel…. and look gorgeous with minimum effort.
I would also like YOU to share your thoughts and suggestions on how best we can incorporate fashion with comfort.
(Image Courtesy: Pinterest)